US Postal service discriminates against atheist packages.

Suspecting that their strongly branded 'Atheist' products may be treated differently by more religiously-oriented postal regions, Kickstarter success Atheist Shoes conducted an experiment. They sent 178 packages to 89 people in different parts of the U.S., each person receiving one package prominently branded as 'Atheist' merchandise, and one not. The results: packages with the atheist label were nearly 10 times more likely to be 'lost,' and took on average 3 days longer to show up when they did. Control experiments were also done in Europe and Germany — it's definitely a USPS problem

It’s dryness and saltiness make biltong resistant to spoiling. It also boasts a high protein-to-weight ratio. As a result it is a very suitable candidate for parceling up and sending away as a treat to friends in parts of the country that do not sport rich hunting grounds. I’ve repeatedly heard stories of such meaty parcels - even the unmarked ones - going “astray” in the mail. Based on the research above, must I regrettably conclude that some South African mail carriers are militantly opposed to hunting? Or they are just being jerky? :wink:

Rigil

They should try sending parcels prominently marked as Muslim in America. Those will probably all be intercepted by the FBI. :slight_smile:

But how can shoes be atheist? Why would you want to label your product like this?

When you can’t walk on water in ’em and they discover that this supposed God’s a heel who knows nothing about soles.

'Luthon64

I don’t follow your point, in the case of biltong they’d be looking for a tasty snack. The case with the shoes being marking them as ATHIEST shoes makes them disappear or delay much more than just marking them as SHOES. So it’s not that people are indiscriminately delaying/stealing shoes, it’s only the athiest ones.

And yes, the idea of athiest shoes makes about as much sense as a tickling cannon. They attempt to explain themselves here:
http://www.atheistberlin.com/atheist

The TL;DR version: “It sells shoes”.

Maybe they’re athiest if you CAN walk on water in them, thereby deeply offending Christians by cheapening Jesus Christ!s wonderous walkabout.

And yes, the idea of athiest shoes makes about as much sense as a tickling cannon. They attempt to explain themselves here: http://www.atheistberlin.com/atheist
Interesting marketing strategy. I do not see a great future in it but I went bankrupt once, so maybe I am not a guru of marketing.
And yes, the idea of athiest shoes makes about as much sense as a tickling cannon. They attempt to explain themselves here: http://www.atheistberlin.com/atheist

Thanks for the link. The Atheist Shoes website is hellishly funny!

When mailing from South Africa to the states, never label your parcel atheist biltong. It will stand no chance of delivery.

Rigil

I was sent a parcel from John’s Beg a couple of weeks ago. It was clearly addressed to my office in Bellville–including postal code. Fastway (hah!) couriers managed to misdirect it to Durban, thence Cape Town via Upington, Timbuktu, Poffadder and Springbok.

How did they know I’m an atheist?

Edit: I ordered a new vacuum cleaner from Makro that was supposed to arrive yesterday at the latest. It isn’t here yet. Do you think the god-botherers have some sort of secret register to which they can refer?

I’m sure biltong violates customs regulations, so that’d be correct. :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue:

Now they have found that 70% of the biltong sold as “atheist biltong” is not made of atheists at all.

;D ;D.

Don’t tell me: bloody HORSE again!

No they dry it out first.

And everyone knows athiest biltong is in fact made of babies and Jehovah’s Witnesses.

Are these figures not suspect? I would have expected the loss of unbranded parcels by USPS to be less than one per thousand.