A great deal of my job involves driving around in a bakkie carting building materials and contractors around.
Since that is now unlikely to happen in the next three weeks, I must, like probably everyone else home-bound, and in the name of staying productive and no more insane as is absolutely necessary, try and incorporate some activities, some more earth shattering than others.
- Commit to using shorter sentences (and by extension avoid nested commas).
- Develop a novel way of breaking an egg.
- Try vegetarianism for a while.
- Spend an entire Sunday high on reefer (may well be combined with point 3).
- Finish my book, Eilene, by Ottessa Moshfegh - a strangely mesmerizing piece of prose where nothing really seems to happen.
- Play chess with the kid.
- Surreptitiously tamper with the wall clocks; perhaps setting all three exactly one hour apart.
- Weld a paper towel dispenser. Build a shelf - you can’t have too many.
- Make a database for the missus, Sqlite with LibreOffice Base as GUI.
- Take some micrographs of rotifers and other tiny thingies.