Right, so lets recap. The local female forumites prefer a gentleman who is

• clever
  • a snappy, yet practical dresser
  • an individualist
  • fond of defenseless animals
  • long of lock, short of nail
  • rich
  • an above average cook

Ladies, it’s interesting to note that you have just described Crocodile Dundee.

Mintaka

PS: Et oui, he can transform la place pretty radically.

What’s the kitten for … wiping up grease?

Mintaka

Why can’t I get rid of the suspicion that the real answer to this thread title lies in the “Show me the Sausage” thread?

Yes, but it has to be a hypothetical, philosophical sausage, see? Or a sausage at least suitably obscured by the pretense of fashionable dress code and mechanical adroitness… :stuck_out_tongue:

Mintaka

No, that’s what the spanner is for. :wink:

It’s the hide the sausage thread!

???

Where did that come from? No-one mentioned money? Self-sufficient and able to afford a car does not constitute being rich?

Very well. “Not broke”, then. :stuck_out_tongue:

Mintaka

i don’t mind rich…

:smiley:

I have a couple friends who are currently earning every cent in their marriages with wealth…

Wealth does NOT guarantee happiness… :stuck_out_tongue:

No, but at least you can be miserable in comfort.

Brings to mind the old adage that its more fun to cry in a porche than it is to cry in a 1976 golf… :confused:

money can buy therapy, drugs, discreet toy-boys and shopping sprees in Milan.
just saying…

Whoever said money can’t buy love has never been in Sandton on a weekend.

There are throngs of pretty women who won’t look at you twice if you don’t have a substantial net worth, shoes are expensive after-all, and who wants to WORK for a living anyway? Or at least one must APPEAR to have substantial net worth; I suspect a lot of fakers are out “doing the scene” every friday.

I’m one of those guys who probably drives a more expensive car than mr. Pretty boy with his gelled spiky hair and walking elbow decoration over there. But I don’t care to dress in the fancy collared shirt and funky tie for an evening on the town, nor do I care much for the “evening on the town” in the first place. I have to imagine that in their way, these more “upper class” people do fall in love and really genuinely care about one-another in a like-seeks-like kind of way. But I don’t think poorer souls have a shot at love with these people, at least from my observation.

Now, I personally would not describe this as happiness. But it seems these people do, and that’s all that matters really. They can easily be said to “be happy” with having lots of money, or maintaining a certain appearance, so I’m not to be the judge. Whatever works for you.

I guess this is what it comes down to in the end.