A good quote.....

“I would go fuck myself, but I have standards.”

Since we’re talking about that kind of thing, from a bumper sticker somewhere in Texas:

A gun-free America? Suck my Glock.

A comment on Buddhist monks. Not much different from the priesthood of other religions:–

A description of part of the valley of cant:–

By the way, this work will be coming soon to Project Gutenburg

America is the only country where a significant proportion of the population believes that professional wrestling is real but the moon landing was faked.
~ David Letterman

I’m not a paranoid, deranged millionaire. God dammit, I’m a billionaire.
~ Howard Hughes

After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.
~ Italian proverb

Men are like linoleum floors. Lay 'em right and you can walk all over them for thirty years.
~ Betsy Salkind

I’ve been married to a communist and a fascist, and neither would take out the garbage.
~ Zsa Zsa Gabor

You know you’re a redneck if your home has wheels and your car doesn’t.
~ Jeff Foxworthy

When a man opens a car door for his wife, it’s either a new car or a new wife.
~ Prince Philip

A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kickboxing.
~ Emo Philips.

Wood burns faster when you have to cut and chop it yourself.
~ Harrison Ford

The best cure for sea sickness, is to sit under a tree.
~ Spike Milligan

Lawyers believe a man is innocent until proven broke.
~ Robin Hall

Kill one man and you’re a murderer, kill a million and you’re a conqueror.
~ Jean Rostand.

Having more money doesn’t make you happier. I have 50 million dollars but I’m just as happy as when I had 48 million.
~ Arnold Schwarzenegger.

We are here on earth to do good unto others. What the others are here for, I have no idea.
~ WH Auden

In hotel rooms I worry. I can’t be the only guy who sits on the furniture naked.
~ Jonathan Katz

If life were fair Elvis would still be alive today and all the impersonators would be dead.
~ Johnny Carson

I don’t believe in astrology. I am a Sagittarius and we’re very skeptical.
~ Arthur C Clarke

Hollywood must be the only place on earth where you can be fired by a man wearing a Hawaiian shirt and a baseball cap.
~ Steve Martin

Home cooking. Where many a man thinks his wife is.
~ Jimmy Durante

As I hurtled through space, one thought kept crossing my mind - every part of this rocket was supplied by the lowest bidder.
~ John Glenn

America is so advanced that even the chairs are electric.
~ Doug Hamwell

The first piece of luggage on the carousel never belongs to anyone.
~ George Roberts

If God had intended us to fly he would have made it easier to get to the airport.
~ Jonathan Winters

I have kleptomania, but when it gets bad, I take something for it.
~ Robert Benchley

“Hey, that’s a handicapped parking space.”
“That’s OK. I’m psychotic.” - Dirk the bounty hunter in Mr Monk and the Big Reward

I listened to him chewing. It sounded like twelve rabbits fucking in the straw. - Charles Bukowski

I speak Esperanto like a native. - Spike Milligan

Why did you bring that book that I didn’t want to be read to out of up for? - H.L. Mencken

'Luthon64

[filling out an official form]

Q: How long has your family lived at the present address?

A: 697 years. - Sir Thomas Ingilby, of Ripley Castle

I wonder how many people will nowadays still get the joke. The most popular made-up language these days is Klingon. :slight_smile:

If you read the Fritz Deelman novels written by Leon Rousseau in the late 1950s, you’ll hear quite a bit about Esperanto: in the futuristic world of the novels it is very widely spoken all over the world, so much so that members of the International Security Police like Deelman are required to know it.

But looks like the language more or less sunk like a brick. Instead we are stuck with something as illogical and awkward as English. Soon to be replaced by Mandarin. Oh, the horror.

Possibly not very new, but first time I’ve seen it.

I am really becoming more and more of a Buddhist every day…

'cept for the whole celebacy schpiel, and sitting around chanting with bells, Buddhism is one of the more reasonable “religions”. Even though I don’t really view it as a religion, but others do.

Why is it that doctors call what they do ‘practice’?

I hear you, but ultimately orange just isn’t my colour. :frowning:

To prevent litigation?