A good quote.....

The door was the way to… to… The Door was The Way. Good. Capital letters were always the best way of dealing with things you didn’t have a good answer to.

Douglas Adams in Dirk Gently’s Holistic Detective Agency (1987)

Do men who like to dress up as women find they can no longer parallel park? - Roseanne

If there are Aliens out there, will they be playing rugby?
10 year old by during one of my shows.

Intergalaxy Tests oh my!

Imagine the All Blacks and Bokke doing the haka-toyi together…

Here is a quote from Yukio Mishima it still reverberates through my life like a whisper that goes on forever:

"When you think about it, our politicians do play god, in the sense that they're not believed in by the vast majority of the public any more, they haven't done anything demonstrably useful for absolutely ages, and they keep employing members of their own family in influential positions. I'm not saying Jesus wasn't the best man for the job, I'm just saying it would have been nice if there had been a little more transparency in the recruitment process."

Andy Zaltzman

I may have quoted this around here before, it really is my favorite quote of all time…

"Your scorn for mediocrity blinds you to its vast primitive power. You stand in the glare of your own brilliance, unable to see into the dim corners of the room, to dilate your eyes and see the potential dangers of the mass, the wad of humanity. Even as I tell you this, dear student, you cannot quite believe that lesser men, in whatever numbers, can really defeat you. But we are in the age of the mediocre man. He is dull, colorless, boring -- but inevitably victorious. The amoeba outlives the tiger because it divides and continues in its immortal monotony. The masses are the final tyrants. See how, in the arts, Kabuki wanes and Nô withers while popular novels of violence and mindless action swamp the mind of the mass reader. And even in that timid genre, no author dares to produce a genuinely superior man as his hero, for in his rage of shame the mass man will send his yojimbo, the critic, to defend him. The roar of the plodders is inarticulate, but deafening. They have no brain, but they have a thousand arms to grasp and clutch at you, drag you down."

I have many favourites often about irrational fears, convention, climbing or education:

One that always stood out to me is:

“Orthodoxy is the death of intelligence” Bertrand Russel

and

“People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are already doing it” I’m not sure who said it though…

“The problem with quotes on the internet is that they are often misattributed.”

–Abraham Lincoln

Superb LOL! ;D

Oh! what a noble being is an honest, upright, fearless, generous, manly man! How such men endear our firesides, and adorn and bless our homes. How sweet is their encouragement of our timid efforts in every good word and work, and how grateful we are to be loved by these noble comforters, and how utterly wretched and sad this world would be, deprived of their honored and gracious presence. Again, I say God bless the men."

Merrick, Caroline E., Old Times in Dixie Land: A Southern Matron’s Memories

Haha brilliant :smiley:

I don’t know who said this; I heard it on The Infinite Monkey Cage.

Homeopaths don't have physical brains, just skull-water with the memory of brains.

Here’s a quote with an unpredictable result:

“My nose is going to grow now.”

• Pinocchio

This may originate from Greek mythology, where Rumour is sometimes portrayed as the fastest bird.

Wow!! You compliment someone on their awesome effort for Movember…

… and suddenly she’s not your friend anymore!!

Times change, but some things remain constant.

Old Dot certainly hit the nail on the head with her choice of collective noun.