Astrophotos

This was how M17 or the Omega nebula presented itself to my scope last night.

I didn’t want to say it the other place but… Is this called the foreskin nebula? >:D

;D ;D ;D Also called the Swan nebula.

It’s simply amazing what you can mange from suburban skies. Well done once more! 8)

M 16 last night.

Wow. Simply amazing.

Nice 3D effect you caught there. I must insist that you give your observatory/ telescope house/ concrete slab a fancy or even fanciful name. “Backyard” doesn’t gel with this level of output any more.

BTW, this nebula is the seat of the famous pillars of creation, is it not?

Yes, M16 is the famous Hubble picture, The Pillars of Creation. The observatory is still without a roof and door. I did manage to put a concrete floor in so I suppose it should be called a shelter or something at this point.

NGC 6781. Also goes by the names Snowball or The Ghost of the Moon nebula.

The result of about 5 hours last night. The Lagoon nebula or Messier 8.

Very nice! Are the red spots stars or hot pixels?

Messier 8 reminds a bit of instant pudding, and thus stimulates my sweet tooth. :slight_smile:

But when I make that stuff, the kitchen gets ever messier and messier… >:D

Don’t know. I did the Darks, Bias and Flats thing while processing in Nebulosity. Also Noise reduction in Photoshop.

It must be stars then, if you subtracted the noise from the dark exposures. Quite a lot of reds.

M20 last night. From flat batteries to poor scope alignment and a few other problems. I am surprised that it came out this well but this is not my best M20. The seeing was bad.