Deserving a facepalm

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm196/Tweefo/Capture%2038_zpshr6towgm.jpg

Well there you’ve done it now - I have a palm print all over my face.

Is there a flat Mars society?

Well sure, the disc is always facing us, but it’s just a cardboard façade that was put there by Monsanto to drive Obama’s corporate new-world order GMO agenda.

On glaciers and feminism.

While I still recommend following the link, get a load of this summary for a published paper.

Glaciers are key icons of climate change and global environmental change. However, the relationships among gender, science, and glaciers – particularly related to epistemological questions about the production of glaciological knowledge – remain understudied. This paper thus proposes a feminist glaciology framework with four key components: 1) knowledge producers; (2) gendered science and knowledge; (3) systems of scientific domination; and (4) alternative representations of glaciers. Merging feminist postcolonial science studies and feminist political ecology, the feminist glaciology framework generates robust analysis of gender, power, and epistemologies in dynamic social-ecological systems, thereby leading to more just and equitable science and human-ice interactions.

QOTD: “human-ice interactions”

I kinda like lotsa ice in my whiskey…

Jesuina H. merciful Christina…

I have long considered the hypothesis that the problem with science is not that it gets too little funding but that it gets too much. Hence our current seeming focus on quantity rather than quality.

Mother earth must be rumbling boulders high up in the Alps…

As long as it’s just and equitable.

I am offended, this is a sexist comment. 8)

Then I’ll reply as I would to any other:

Ag shame!

Yikes. This is the sort of precarious and contrived baloney you get when deliberately setting out to blur the line between the humanities and the hard(er) sciences.

Gives a whole new meaning to “Ice Queen” even while there’s a tiny chance it’s a spoof à la Alan Sokal.

'Luthon64

Pre-launch procedure of the Russian Soyuz rocket that took off this morning (our time) to the ISS.
http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm196/Tweefo/cl44_zpsti2b59pq.jpg

They should have done that with the shuttles, I tell you. After all, we haven’t seen a Soyuz blow-up in ages. :smiley:

Of course, it’s just a question of time, and when it happens, perhaps they’ll finally abandon the white elepha… er, I mean, the International Space Station, and focus on more robot probes.

At least they can claim they’ve sent at least a couple of souls to heaven.

But is that a banana peel in his hand? Will god take the blame if the rocket were to slip or slide?

Now is the time to find a satanic priest willing to go insist that he be given the right and opportunity to perform rituals in parliament…

Failure to explicitly separate state and church is one of the constitution’s major weaknesses.

I have a sudden urge to vomit. And it was a nice toasted cheese sarmie too. BRB…

Ek hoop vir sy skapies se onthalwe nie Liewe Jesus is vol stront oor sulke details nie, maar daai ramshoring lyk vir my meer soos 'n koedoebulhoring.

Amein