Eliminative Materialism Q&A (split)

Ah, the place for old irreverend to share his wisdom.

So irreverend, what do you think of these question matey:
Do you believe that everything in it is reducible to fundamental particles in motion that can be mathematically described?
Do you think or believe there is no reason to suspect (be it as a result of a lack of evidence or philosophical or metaphysical reasons) that there is no external influence from an outside agent or something else at the fundamental levels of physics?

Is this the thread where I point out once again how big a cunt you are?

Only if you think it is going to show people you are less of a cunt ;D? Good luck with that… or maybe you don’t… who can really know what is going on that head of yours where you think your brain is composed of particles and your thoughts are not >:D.

I was just curious what the purpose of this thread was. As I am about the other three threads where questions remain unanswered.

One of which is where you are supposed to explain to me that thoughts are indeed particles.

by the way, I am impressed that you are allowed to use “cunt” - you are usually such a fucking hypocrite, the honesty is almost refreshing.

Ah, such cool, calm and collective thoughts…

Unfortuneately you have made up your mind about thoughts not being composed of particles. You are actually the one that needs to show what thoughts are composed of. If it is not particles what is it composed of >:D. How about answering that one for a moment before you go on about unanswered questions and just being an impatient troll.

Calm and collective is as big a mistake as when you deem me worked up and angry.

I don’t know what thoughts are made of. Or if they are in fact made up of anything. If it is even correct to state they are “made of” anything. I thought that was self evident after all.

Remember unlike you, I have no trouble admitting my ignorance. Or any problems whatsoever to be straightforward and direct.

Says the contrarian

Ah, you don’t know what thoughts are made of, but have excluded particles as a possibility. Cute, if that is what you have to do to defend your dualistic tendencies, so be it.

Still you mis-comprehend atheism? Or is it skepticism this time? Still think we are sheep like theists?

Ah, you don't know what thoughts are made of, but have excluded particles as a possibility. Cute, if that is what you have to do to defend your dualistic tendencies, so be it.
I haven't really. I remain convince-able that thoughts are particles. You have found this astounding enough to make a separate thread for it. I'll await, here or there, your argument for why you are a) so astounded and b) how they are particles.

What does being a contrarian have to do with atheism or theism LOL Mr contrarian. Shame man.

Ah the usual duck and dive and quite frankly sad inability to stand by your assertion that thoughts are not composed of particles. Lol Mr contrarian.

I must be mistaken about the use of contrarian then. Please explain.

Ah the usual duck and dive and quite frankly sad inability to stand by your assertion that thoughts are not composed of particles. Lol Mr contraran.
I am 100% sure of nothing if that helps you to understand.

I have finished reading your link now and we may as well continue that here as well. As far as I can see the argument is that we have reason, therefor God. Please confirm that we are talking about this?

Quite frankly, I could not really be bothered with you or your 100% uncertainty and dualistic thoughts. If you have something constructive to add to any conversation (good luck attempting to do that one day) I will gladly listen. Contrarianism is a bit boring and leads nowhere, so forgive me if interaction with you is limited to what I think constitutes anything worthy of discussion from you.

let’s see how long it takes Lol. Give me something interesting… like your thoughts re not particles quip >:D.

roflol

... like your thoughts re not particles quip
So. For the third time. Why is that interesting? How do you disagree?

The most interesting thing is that no-one here has come up with any kind of rebuttal or anything concrete to disprove that notion or thought lol. (btw, don’t think that somehow makes that thought more plausible, that would be a logical fallacy lol).

But hey, here is a philosophical question? How do thoughts interact with particles in your brain if thoughts are not composed of particles? Magic? Or is it just obvious to you?

Indeed especially seen in the light of me asking you specifically three times already. Evasion noted.

(btw, don't think that somehow makes that thought more plausible, that would be a logical fallacy lol).
I wouldn't do that - instead I would hope you actually produce something concrete soon
But hey, here is a philosophical question? How do thoughts interact with particles in your brain if thoughts are not composed of particles? Magic? Or is it just obvious to you?
It is just obvious to me. Thoughts don't interact with particles - they are the result / product of particles interacting in a specific way.

See how it is done? Direct questions get direct answers… Kinda funky eh?

Try this: http://www.nimh.nih.gov/science-news/2010/from-neurons-to-thought-coherent-electrical-patterns-observed-across-the-brain.shtml

Or do you want to hear ….
We can’t explain how thoughts interact with particles in our brain so THEREFORE gawd must exist??? ::slight_smile:

My goodness, you have that interaction problem on steroids right there. Can you spell, nevermind understand epiphenomenalism.

Please explain how you having the thought of writing something can cause you to write something thoughtful when your thoughts do not interact with the particles in your brain needed to signal events to your hand so that you can write.

You give direct answers alright, albeit confused ones. Keep it coming matey, you are turning out to be very entertaining explaining your beliefs.

Jeesh! Are you two married?

That is interesting. So how do thoughts that are not composed of particles (according to some anyway) interact with neurons again in order to alter neuronal activity, or do thoughts have no causal efficacy on neural activity? Just epiphenomenalism-style byproducts?

Forgive her crankiness, she is having her monthly problems ;D. Oh, she is not the only one that can get cute, just repaying the favour there, it makes her day >:D.

Evasion noted. What do you call these particles? Thoughtons? For the fifth time, in so many words, explain thoughts as particles. btw I really wouldn’t comment on others ability to spell if I were you…

You give direct answers alright, albeit confused ones.
Confusion is as confusion is, matey. Luck with getting it right though. You truly need it.