Epic Fail...on who'se behalf?

Boules is AWESOME! Then again, being half French, I am bias. At home we like playing it on uneven surfaces.

As are lawn bowls … hey we’ve come full circle! :stuck_out_tongue:

R.

If there is any correlation between the type/strength/ingredients of the drink and the size/shape/weight of the article to be lobbed, what does that say about single-malt whisky versus witblits? :wink:

'Luthon64

Hmmm… We should empirically test this. I know I’m better at pool when I’ve had a few.

Not sure about the quality of the drink, but somewhat surprisingly there is reportedly no correlation between the quantity of booze consumed and the cross product of the ideal and actual lobbing vectors. 8)

Rigil

In agreement, and I play even better without my glasses (I’m as blind as a bat normally) when I’m leaning towards the extreme part of tipsy. Booze contains the most amazing healing qualities.

I’m also a straight-out-the-bottle kinda guy. :smiley:

R.

You may find the following extract from Quaffer O’Dramshot’s six-volume treatise The Calculus of Getting Smashed interesting:

If the actual and ideal lobbing vectors are either equal or perfectly opposite in direction, their cross product is a null vector (zero magnitude, indeterminate direction). Thus, it would indeed seem that their cross product says nothing about the quantity imbibed, seeing as the cross product is the same whether the lobber is completely sober or epically wasted.

On the other hand, however, as the angle between actual and ideal lobbing vectors increases from 0° to 90°, their cross product increases in magnitude from zero to a maximum in a direction perpendicular to the plane defined by the two vectors. Beyond 90°, the magnitude of the cross product begins decreasing again with increasing angle of aberration, down to zero at 180°. This suggests that there’s an optimal level of intoxication at which throwing up at a tangent is maximised. Empirical studies have identified this as the point at which the tipsy lobber knows everything about anything and has minimal fear of making an ass of him- or herself. It is also perhaps noteworthy that the 180° situation is typically also the point at which the tippler passes out, as hinted at by the oblivion of a null vector…

A lengthy and rigorous analysis follows, involving a novel convolution of Lie groups, knot theory and Eulerian paths.

'Luthon64

LOL … definitely my next book purchase!
R.

A few experts are critical of O’Dramshot’s work. Mainly, they claim that some of his assumptions are ad hic

'Luthon64

I’d say his work is highly derrriv… darrifa… derrrvviiii… he copies lots of stuff.