Judgement Day

The mouse over says

But to us there is but one God, plus or minus one. --1 Corinthians 8:6±2.

Harold Camping. He’s 89. It must be really confusing when senility and religiosity gang up and attack you from all angles!

http://robotceleb.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/harold-camping.jpg

So what have we got planned for our last day??

I’m thinking of spending my whole salary on booze and sleazy men and having an all-out booze-up tonight, that way I can sleep through the drama and earthquakes tomorrow due to alcohol poisoning and a massive hangover.

http://verydemotivational.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/demotivational-posters-its-not-over-yet-kids.jpg

Forgive me for being serious in a fun thread for a second…

If the world doesn’t come to an end on the 21st, if the rapture doesn’t take place… these morons have been proven beyond any shadow of a doubt to be wrong about their beliefs. And yet, somehow, in some strange alternate universe logic, their beliefs won’t take a knock. It will not give pause to even a seconds worth of doubt that hey, we may be wrong to believe this crazy shit.

That kind of faith is so far beyond me that I truly struggle to comprehend it. I mean, I observe it, I understand it exists, I just fail utterly and completely to comprehend how it is actually possible and why it just doesn’t implode under the shear weight of stupidity and cease to exist in a universe which abhors contradictions…

And to top it off, we are taught that such belief is a good thing and that Jesus requires that and only that for people to be ‘saved’. Xtianity is stupid beyond my ability to comprehend.

I couldn’t agree more. Last time Harold Camping’s rationaization was that he hadn’t read Jeremiah yet. Perhaps on Monday we’ll be told he hadn’t taken Revelations into account and he’ll be busy recalculating. There’s a huge FamilyRadio.com billboard near my office and it’ll be interesting to see how long it remains in place as a silent rebuke to those doff enough to believe Camping’s crap.

You (and I) can’t comprehend their faith because we’re sane. You only have to look at the photographs of the faithful dishing out pamphlets in Washington to see the lunacy shining out of their fatuous features. These people are mentally ill, so there’s no point trying to use rational thought processes to try and understand their faith.

That’s right: “God” will escape Camping’s Crew’s lunacy unscathed and scot-free. It’s completely inevitable. After all, “god” is the place where humanity divided by zero — and keeps doing so, expecting a new result each time but getting only the same absurdities over and over.

'Luthon64

all because “GOD” works in mysterious ways and his mind will not be known… they will blame their “miscalculation” on themselves and witness to the world that they were guilty of the sin of arrogance and that they now repent, and humble themselves in front of all and sundry and then go back and re-calculate the next date… and the flock will go forth and marvel at the man’s humbling and mutter and nod at the mysteriousness of god and his ways…

freck, its tiring to just think about it… facedesk

Possibly not. Perhaps Camping, with much help from his toadies, will arrogate for himself the position of Saviour. At 89, he’s getting on a bit and those dreams of immortal fame may be increasingly hard to set aside.

'Luthon64

shouldnt crap like this be illegal. like, you get arrested if you incite public violence. shouldnt you get arrested when you incite public fear/panic?

You own an "I survived Judgement day T-shirt for $20!!! Is there anything these people wont cash in on!!!

http://judgementday2011.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/Survived-Judgement-Day-2011-T-Shirt.jpg

Each day people will die until October 21, 2011 when God will completely destroy this earth and its surviving inhabitants

Hmmm- For God so loved the World - John 3:16

I wouldn’t mind a shirt like that - $20 being a bit steep. But I like the delicious irony.

And people die every day, so what?

I nearly had an accident early this morning coming back from Somerset West on the R300 after seeing this advert…

The sign can be safely ignored. It uses US spelling. 0:)

'Luthon64

:slight_smile: It is just unbelievable that someone in this country actually believes that enough to spend money paying for a billboard - both sides! (wtf!!)

On the way back to Somerset West to fetch my kids, I saw that there was a Nelspruit box address at the bottom.

Gotta love this at 1:45pm judgement Day, South Africa!

http://www.familyradio.com/

Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

Most likely causes:
You are not connected to the Internet.
The website is encountering problems.
There might be a typing error in the address…etc

According to one source that I read, this “Family Radio Church” outfit has over $100 million in the bank!

According to the Nelspruit local rag “the Laevelder” the local representative was moving office! The car guard at his previous address asked him for his twin cab as he would not be needing it after today but the request was rejected in strong terms!