Justnownowism.

I got asked earlier during a group discussion what religious affiliation I belong to. Being an experienced atheist in the workplace, my little mind started working overtime seeking an acceptable answer, but my mouth was one ahead of the head this time around - I’m now a proudly out the closet now-nowist, and everybody swallowed it hook, line and sinker.

I’m waiting for the most curious of them to come ask me details about my beliefs… >:D

I’ll give praise justnow-now.

Good work sister, I’m sure the great creator shall not overlook your creation when the creating begins.

(I actually can’t believe they didn’t ask for ANY clarification)

I got a moments silence, a few odd looks and then the conversation went back to social issues within the family environment (read mamma moer vir pappa en boetjie got sussie’s best friend pregnant)

I’m rather enjoying this, I’ll report back on whether I gain any conversions to our esteemed religion.

I just had an hour’s worth of discussion about my beliefs. My own head is turning, I have’nt spouted so much crap since I was a teenager and I’m relatively certain that I would’nt be able to repeat the performance.

At the very least, I was believable, I almost started believing myself at one point, I honestly never thought that my knowledge about spiritualism would be of any benefit to me whatsoever, I was wrong.

BM you are thoroughly evil, its all your fault.

I just had an hour's worth of discussion about my beliefs.

Testifie!

My own head is turning, I have'nt spouted so much crap since I was a teenager

Hey heeyyyy now, no need to be insulting to Justnownowism. I don’t have strong rules about blasphemy at all but the creator has feelings too ya know.

At the very least, I was believable, I almost started believing myself at one point, I honestly never thought that my knowledge about spiritualism would be of any benefit to me whatsoever, I was wrong.

I love it when a joke goes too far because people don’t realise you were joking. I also hate it when it backfires in your face and they get offended at a tongue-in-cheek comment. It’s a thin line, well played.

BM you are thoroughly evil, its all your fault.

Mhuhahahahaha!

I’ll go write down the concept of my discussions tonight whilst the husband is sanding down walls, its lengthy, but a belief system should have a written word to back it up with - we all need that safetynet of “BUT, but, the [insert holy book of choice here] says so!!”

Be sure to use “sanding walls” metaphors.

I’m overwhelmed at being present in this sacred moment.

which has not ocurred yet but will just-now-now…

No, this sacred moment did not and will not occur. It will merely be implanted into our brains during creation (Edit: Sacredly).

I’m in…provided you accept my pre-post-dated cheque - 21 May 2011 is OK with you?

Fine with me, the world cannot be ended before it exists.

Well (just)now, that is simply profound. It proves beyond a shadow of doubt that justnownowism is not simply another religion, not simply another attempt to explain the inexplicable. It is Truth™ incarnate.

Mutton, you know in this country we say: “Beloftes maak skuld” :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh hey! I just realised it’s the perfect time of the year to scam people out of lots of money time to show thanks and give to those who need it the most.

Me. The glorious church of Justnownowism. Please find it in your heart this year to buy me a new car give to those less fortunate.

I’m gonna lie not gonna lie, it does help to get in the good books of your supreme cult leader the great creator.

Salaam.

I guess you realised that just now? Does this mean the “justnownow” event is imminent?

poloni

Yeah, now now.

poloni

:smiley:

Right, I am a bit gobsmacked that this incident occurred more than a year ago already. I was just accosted during a weekly support session by three ladies that would like to “join me at my local church of now-nowism for a praisegiving”, they have decided to visit all the various churches the group’s individuals belong to in order to “expand their religious viewpoints” and “embracing diversity” and since I’m the session leader, they’d like to visit mine first and :

“Ladies!, Would we ALL like to go together, I’ve got a BIG minibus and we can meet here at work and all go together!!!” Freking 15 wonky women now wants to visit my “church”

Gods… Boogie, curses on you now-now. I had to LIE and told them that praisegiving is by invitation from the elders only and that I’d have to request permission first. I couldnt think of anything else to say… I’m not a good liar.

All I can say is: The universe and human stupidity.

Yeah, mine for sprouting the bullshit in the first place… :-[