South African Skeptics in the pub

The August FB event :wink:

going in circle’s I am. :wink:

facebook is blocked at work so I’ll have a look at home. I have a feeling this is for blokes from a different Provence though…

Gauteng region.

Mintaka

:-\ :’(

Time for the Sceptics in the Pub - Gauteng - September 2009 meeting.

Last month we tried a new venue; The Dros in Cresta. There were no loud complaints or suggestions of an alternative venue so we’ll stick with it this month too.

7 September 2009 at 19h00. That’s just a couple of days before 09/09/09! And just weeks before the real end of the world; 20h09 on 20/09/2009. That’s 200920092009!! Oh noes!!! It’s the last one so take this opportunity.

James

Date and venue for October meeting is yet to be decided. Stay tuned.

:o We’re doomed. We’re all doomed. :o

'Luthon64

Haha, we had 123456789 the other day as well, 12:34:56 07/08/09. The numerelogists must be having a really bad year, what with nothing happening when it should.

We’re doomed. We’re all doomed.

I’m gonna sing the doom song now!

Gir - The Doom Song

Do we have any Durban Skeptics?

Will definitely be there, but why a Monday?

I’m glad to hear that you’ll be joining us. To answer the question; it was the most popular option in a recent poll of attendees. The poll is closed again, but we will reopen it before next month’s meeting. There might also be a better way to find dates more suitable to everyone with a weighted metric applied to first choice, second choice, etcetera.

A portion of the poll results are shown in the attached picture (for the questions shown all answers are included, but the rest of the questions are hidden for privacy).

James

Thanks, nice graph!

Just cracked open a beer, so I’m getting even more excited now. I usually try to curb my alcohol intake after the weekend, that’s why I was curious about the popularity of Monday night, but dealing with the resulting hangover on Tuesday will be a small price to pay for the pleasure of interacting with like-minded individuals.

That you guys seem like even worse alcoholics than me only adds to the appeal. ;D

Thanks again to everyone who came through last night. Good to see some new faces!

It was awesome! ;D

If you have been interested in attending a Gauteng meeting of Sceptics in the Pub but have found the date or location to be inconvenient, now is your chance to have your say on where and when future meetings should be held.

When selecting a day of the week, keep in mind that we aim to start at 7PM so select days which are convenient for that time. To date, all meetings have been held in the Johannesburg or Midrand area, but if you are from Pretoria and don’t want to travel to Johannesburg we would still recommend that you participate. If there is enough interest from Pretoria then we can start a Pretoria meeting which runs in addition to the Johannesburg meeting.

Click here to participate in the survey. The survey is open from now until Friday, 25 September 2009. I will compile the results on the 26th and notify all respondents of the results right here and on the Facebook group page.

James

That’s quite a nice survey page you have there - nice work!

Thank you, although all the hard work in designing a feedback form is done by Google Docs which means that I can’t take a lot of credit.

On the other hand, I have compiled the results of the survey in a PDF document for which I can take full credit :). The results are now available here for all interested parties.

James

Good thing I checked the Facebook page, nearly missed it:

Sceptics in the Pub - Joburg
Time:7:00PM Wednesday, November 4th

The Dros website doesn’t list any “Greenstone” branch. Where is this?

It’s the Dros Edenmeadows branch. On Van Riebeeck road, if you take the Modderfontein offramp on the N3