The joy of Facebook

Jare terug het my neef (heelwat jonger as ek) by my kom bly terwyl hy op Wits geswot het, 'n verskrikliklike goedsdienstige kind. In my voorportaal het ek 'n 2 meter hoe standbeeld van 'n draak met sy voet op 'n knight se helmet, kom op 'n dag tuis en vind hierdie seun met 'n twee liter bottel water die ding afwas terwyl hy bid… Het hom uitgekake van die hemele af en hy is kort daarna fort, studies opgeskort en terug huis toe waar hy nie gekonfronteer word met drake en demoniese standbeelde nie…

Dit is Pastoor Karen Maritz Posthumus wat die huis wil salf… Dit kan dalk sake vererger.

Miskien spesialiseer sy in die hiernamaalse.

Faerie, was die ontnugtering permanent of kan jy darm vandag weer bietjie die draak steek met die nefie van jou? :wink:

Rigil

Nee wat, ek meng nie met semels nie… my uitgebreide familie glo ek is so sleg dat tot die duiwel my uit die hel gewerp het.

I often have to glance through Facebook comments/quotes people copy these days. They all have the same affliction in a week, some particular cause they are all striving for at the time. Either it’s about how wonderful God is or how god works in mysterious ways. If comments contain words like God, Dear God, Amen or pray I stop reading.

What irritates me the most is people copying stuff like this: It feels so impersonal. Not from the heart. As if they have done their work for the day and they can sleep peacefully now.

“I know what cancer and treatment can do to a body and mind as I’ve watched the transformation. I sometimes wonder if the treatment is worth it in the long haul.
With a heavy heart today especially. Nothing is more painful than watching someone at the end of their life because of cancer. Trying to look good, but after chemo and radiation … you know the person is physically changed and they’re in shock. I know many of you do not give a hoot about this message because, of course, the cancer has not touched you. You do not know what it’s like to have fought the fight or had a loved one who leads a battle against cancer. For all the men and women I know, I ask you a small favor and only some of you will do it. If you know someone who has led a battle against cancer, still struggling or who passed, please add this to your status for one hour as a mark of support, respect and remembrance. Copy and paste to support those affected by cancer. From your phone or tablet, hold your finger on the message to copy and paste on your page”

Good old fashioned emotional blackmail.

Klink asof jy haar ken?

Ek het na haar FB bladsy gaan kyk - daar was 'n video op van 'n mirakel. Spastiese kind daar en dan voor jou oë deur gebed genees. Om 'n paar spoke uit 'n huis uit te salf is straks kinderspeletjies…

Nee, nog nie, maar ek het `n hartkwaal. :wink:

Hoop jy bly nog Prehumus vir baie jare. >:D

O, dankie, ek is geensins haastig om Pastoor Posthumus te ontmoet nie.

I’m thinking I should maybe stay from Facebook for a while. Think I am having a bullshit overload.
Tempts me to easily to stir stuff I shouldn’t.

This is what I do with the rainfall in town. Look at the comment at the bottom. Caps lock segregation! Apartheid is alive and well.
http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm196/Tweefo/Capture%2039_zpsajuzpzuw.jpg

Perhaps they should consider changing the name from Facebook to Facepalm…

Grr. I am quite open with my atheism, even on FB, so why would FB suggest pages like this to me?

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm196/Tweefo/Capture_zpssmqipkus.jpg

Maybe Mark Zuckerberg is trying to save you!

Xtianity is all about converting souls. Anyway, its Facebook for gods sake! What did you expect? Intellectual stimulating conversations?

I actually suspect it’s very simple:

Xtian pastors are quite keen to secure their place in heaven by securing some atheists. They probably specifically target us.

Recently in my FB feed:

If only Norton Anti-virus actually did its job… ;D

'Luthon64

Perhaps I should pray for that… :slight_smile: