Deserving a facepalm

Then I stand corrected. Now go ~.

That’s not pregnant man, that’s just boepens man :thinking:

From there the rule: Never ask a man if he’s pregnant, he may just be overweight.

Refraction of light is so gay

Aaaaah ok! Now the album The Dark Side of the Moon makes sense all of a sudden.

Interesting also that while 95 per cent of the Egyptian population thinks homosexuality is wrong, estimates would have the gay proportion of the population as high as 20%. If true, this would mean that one in five Egyptians live in a state of angst. Not that there is anything wrong with a bit of self loathing of course.

Since we’re all friends of Poe’s law, try this headline: Woman Fights the Patriarchy by Letting Entire Music Festival Take Bong Hits Out of Her Butthole.

During my recent but enthusiastic herbaceous conversion, I’ve tried smoking pot maybe once or twice. My neighbour - a real polymath and jack of all trades - showed me how to roll a joint using papers and a special gadget which name I promptly forgot. The rolling was fun, the smoking less so. Harsh. Not that I have any frame of reference when it comes to particulate inhalations. But smoking is by far my least favorite method of medicating. So if I were to find myself at a music festival such as the one above, the good lady must not take offense if I only puff.

You know, with weed the smoothness of the hit is not really the “raison d’etre” of the experience. But hey, there’s always cookies.

1 Like

Cookies are preferable to smoking for sure, but edibles in my experience and as others have reported, can be tricky to titrate. I love the razor sharp dosages that tinctures offer.

Mhmmm. With smoking it’s usually just a guessing game too. But I like how it comes on: Edibles can take a while to peak and last a long time. Whereas with smoking you’re fine for 3 minutes and then WHAM, but, you also know that’s the worst it’ll get, and by the time you’re saying “Whoah” you’re already on the path to recovery, as it were. Maybe it’s cause I don’t really like weed, that I prefer it that way… It’s like riding a rollercoaster: It’s fun and all, but when you get to the peak all you really want is for it to end. So, sadly not the world’s biggest fan of the herb, even if I do partake every now and then for sleep.

You know I was real surprised to find that the gardening aspect of the whole grow-your-own enterprise is very relaxing in itself. I’ve tried growing many a vegetable, and few of them are as easy to grow as dagga. This season I’m trying to be a bit more discerning, and only planting seeds from last years two best ladies. Still, I grow outdoors, so god knows who the fathers were.

Hah! Same! I grow for stoner friends. I give 80% of it away. But it’s fun.

Me too, I keep maybe one or two bottles of the 50-odd that I extract. They make welcome gifts, generally. :grin:

I’d link the video but it’s better for everyone if I don’t.

Even the ancient Babylonians had philosophically more sophisticated design arguments than Lisle does.

It’s curious that he glosses over the fact that the numbers in the Mandelbrot set are complex numbers, except for the horizontal line of symmetry which contains only real numbers. (Hint: Complex numbers have a real part and an imaginary part…)

"Luthon64

Just like his IQ.

The only complex plane of interest to evangelical preachers is a Learjet.

Job seekers assert that math does not build cars, and Ford’s insistence that people have studied basic math as a job requirement is “not scientific”. Yes, something here is indeed not scientific.

As one observer put it (approximately), “Another roaring ANC success, basic STEM education. 30-percenter youth show their intellectual mettle.”

Equally facepalm-worthy. With ministers of this, er, cerebral calibre blithely ignoring plain facts and reason, it’s no surprise that SA’s jobseekers don’t understand the need for STEM education. Because they have no STEM education to start with.

'Luthon64

This woman has some thoughts on the Lex Fridman podcast over Africa’s general habit of always siding with the commies. An interesting listen, though I find her a bit longwinded… It’s good to see Africans starting to question the premise: the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

But you’re talking to many decades of widespread indoctrination that warps the “truth” for many people. I think in the west many of us also see the “truth” of western civilization with some degree of rose-tintedness. So, I guard about deciding, even internally, about the rights and wrongs of wars. The truth of them always depends on who you talk to.

For ex: The USA is currently involved in 3 conflicts: Yemen, Somalia and Syria. For some reason precious few people are even aware of this, nor of the reports of war-crimes that permeate their operations. But it’s ignored, cause they’re the good guys. Right?